If your friends or family are planning a trip to Canada from a country that requires a visa, a  letter of invitation may be required from someone already living in Canada.
The invitation letter should include your information, including contact details, relationship to the person you are inviting, and your status in Canada.  You will not ordinarily be legally responsible for the invitee.  However if you are inviting a parent or grandparent, your letter must include a written promise to financially care for them while in Canada.  If a letter of invitation has been requested of you, contact us to draft and notarize the letter.